[Gllug] ist that right that the Oyster card got RFID on it?

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 11:50:09 UTC 2007

On 1/16/07, Alain Williams <addw at phcomp.co.uk> wrote:

> The non repudiation problem again. This is why I won't do e-banking,
> if I claim that I paid something and the bank then decides that I didn't
> I get um-stuck for non payment

Try doing business banking for a small business these days. It's
becoming increasingly hard to get a bank account with counter service.
My girlfriend struggled to get it through to the high street banks
that while sticking a cheque in the post (whether it be Royal Mail or
the internal post box in the bank) was indeed a convenient way to pay
them in, it gave her no proof of having done so, and so she was
entirely at their mercy in the event that something went wrong.

The most common answer from the banks? "Oh, but it doesn't go wrong".
Consequently, she just uses her personal account instead.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk