[Gllug] A few words on the topic of stock spam

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Wed Jul 11 10:28:48 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 08:52:35PM +0100, Fred Youhanaie wrote:
> Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> > May be of interest to some, mostly won't be of interest to anyone.
> >
> > http://blog.hinterlands.org/2007/07/10#20070710
>
> Perhaps this can act as a deterrent:
>
> http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2007/07/10/stock_spam_charges/

The deterrent is that sending spam should be illegal.

We don't allow advertisers to spray-paint their message on every
available wall.  There are laws specifically to prevent this, and
anyone who persistently flouted them would eventually end up in
prison.

Why then can we not have similar laws for spam?

Rich.

--
Richard Jones
Red Hat