[Gllug] IRIX CDs

Christian Smith csmith at thewrongchristian.org.uk
Mon Jul 30 17:53:05 UTC 2007

Stephen Nelson-Smith uttered:

> On 7/30/07, Christian Smith <csmith at thewrongchristian.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> Did you run NetBSD on an Indigo? Or something else?
>
> O2 (IP32) - it's the most stable non-irix option I've found - needs to
> be rebooted every four days or so.
>
>> I'd run Irix 5.3 on such a machine only if you want specific Irix
>> functionality, like the gfx drivers, or are simply curious.
>
> Both really - there's bleeding edge console support in netbsd, but atm
> I'm limited to serial.  Also curious :)

You're probably out of luck, then. Irix 5.3 won't run on an O2, I'd
imagine. The disks I have can run up to an Indy, but I don't think that
will be enough to boot an O2. You'll need 6.x.

There may be some 6.x disks in the set Ashley has, but they're a quite old
release of 6.5. (6.5.12 or there abouts.)

You can cut out the middle man and arrange handover with Ashley, if you
want.

--
     /"\
     / \