[Gllug] Linux on Mac Resources

Panos Savvas pasavvas.accounts at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 31 14:41:06 UTC 2007

> installed Fedora 6 on my Intel Mac Mini & wireless works just fine if you
> use madwifi - i just installed it from rpm.livna.org YUM repository. There
> should be no need to go anywhere nere the nsdiswrapper crap.

Maybe fedore 6 is more bleeding edge than ubuntu :)
My macs wireless is not supported in madwifi 0.93 and 0.94 is not released
and not in debian/ubuntu repositories, so building 0.94 seems to be my only
choice or wait for 0.94 to be released.
I hear reports of other mac's wireless just working. I think the chipset
changed aruond nov 2006 which might explain it as mine is feb 07. When did
you get your mac?

> The only issue I had was setting up Xorg config - that was only a problem
> for me though because I was connecting to a LCD TV

Is this mac specific do you think? I can run ubuntu on my thinkpad to a LCD
TV and the only conf I needed to do was add the higher resolution to
xorg.conf. I had to do this also on my macbook.

> "How to turn a $900 paperweight back into a usable Intel Mac Mini"a

great title, will have a read later :)