[Gllug] Freeview

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 12 18:22:28 UTC 2007

On Tue 12 Jun, Richard Ibbotson wrote:

> Say n'more.  I don't like Sky myself.  These are the people who took
> test match cricket away from terrestrial TV.  I can't get test
> cricket on Freeview either.  I've had a good search.

   Most addresses have more than one box which can display broadcast TV, and
each is usually required to allow a choice of channels. This might be
possible using fibre, but would require a huge investment. Broadcast TV,
including Freeview, is generally available and relatively easy to transport.
   I have found that the technical quality achieved here by Freeview is
superior to that from analogue TV, more than can be said about much of the
content.
   I have seen more interest in video from security cameras being made
available via the internet.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk