[Gllug] Freeview

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Tue Jun 12 10:20:59 UTC 2007

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007, Chris Jones wrote:

> *shrug* what does that have to do with p2p? I'd really rather not run
> p2p on my phone, or use my PC's resources to feed TV to you. Multicast
> would be a correct solution for TV over IP, not stupid p2p crap.

Many TV companies are looking at P2P distribution.

I suspect they are doing so in order to be able to massively distribute
online without having to pay the cost of doing so.

Moreover multicast requires additional facilities and agreemtents at the
ISP level and most routers are not suitable for it.

Sky already has a (rubbish) p2p offering.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG		     Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/	       up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk