[Gllug] SIP conference

Rich Walker rw at shadowrobot.com
Tue Mar 6 12:43:25 UTC 2007

Chris Jones <cmsj at tenshu.net> writes:

> Hi
>
> Thomi Richards wrote:
>> So hang on.. Ease of use is no longer a positive feature in a piece of
>> software? Let me get this straight: all the bad things are failings of skype,
>> but the good things are failings of other software packages?
>
> My point was that if the SIP softphone alternatives were as easy to
> setup and use (and they are catching up), Skype would have no redeeming
> features in comparison.

I must admit, I've tried a couple of times to setup a SIP thing, and run
straight into "WTF is it going on about?", usually followed by a higher
priority interrupt and no urge to go back.

But, then again, Skype simply doesn't behave on my desktop machine, and
sounds awful on the ones it does behave on.

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
www.shadowrobot.com/hand/overview.shtml