[Gllug] [OT] How can I find a job like sysadmin in London?

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 26 21:39:17 UTC 2007

Chris Jones wrote:
> Hi
>
> - Tethys wrote:
>> I always supplied my CV as a PDF, which achieved the same thing...
>
> Pff, does not. Any PDF reader has copy&paste. I've had my PDF version
> rewritten numerous times.

If you sent the PDF encrypted with copy operations blocked, I very much
doubt the average recruiter would have the technical wherewithal to get
the data out. Of course doing something like that might not endear you
to the recruiter, so could be seen as counterproductive.

Much as I personally dislike MS Word (and not for philosophical reasons,
trying to make it behave just makes my blood boil), I still used it for
CV preparation last time I needed to (OK, I used OpenOffice, and just
checked the appearance in Word). If you want a recruiter to put you
forward for a position, it makes sense to try and help them do their
job. Pretty much all other documentation I write these days gets done in
LaTeX, which does exactly what I tell it, and causes me very little stress.

Mike