[Gllug] ADSL moving delays

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Tue Mar 20 17:20:48 UTC 2007

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Richard Huxton wrote:

> I'm moving and I've just been quoted 10 days without broadband even
> though I'm not moving exchange. Since nobody at BT is doing any rewiring
> is this reasonable, or should I scream and shout and or move elsewhere?

Do you mean moving house?

If so your ISP might be able to use the BT house mover process. While it
has historically not been very reliable I am told it is now a lot more
reliable.

Otherwise if you are retaining your existing phone number it is likely
that without the mover process you will face 10 days or more without
service.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98