[Gllug] OT Internet connection

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Wed Mar 14 08:46:47 UTC 2007

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007, Mike Brodbelt wrote:

> I confess to having no knowledge of how 999 services are paid for -
> where does the £1/minute come in? Are they attempting to pay for
> staffing of 999 call centers from cash extracted from telephone
> operators? I'd agree with you though - this is a clear case for
> something that should be state funded.

Yes, telephone operators are charged a rate of almost £1/min for calls
they terminate to 999 operators and the telephone companies also have to
provide the first line operators to answer these calls themselves.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98