[Gllug] Remapping Meta Keys

Stephen Nelson-Smith sanelson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 07:05:12 UTC 2007

On 3/25/07, Mike Brodbelt <mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> I can't see how you can have a key mapped in ion3, but present different
> semantics to an application running under the WM. Unless ion3
> specifically provides support for remapping keys in a context sensitive
> manner, according to which app has the focus, I don't see how it'll work
> for you.

Ion3 is configured to look for the events generated by an x modifier -
say Mod3.  Emacs doesn't listen to events generated by Mod3.

I could in theory bind the q key to Mod3, and then ion3 would treat
this as my meta key.

Enacs is never going to listen for the q key as its meta key, so I
should be home and dry...

But I'm not ;(

> Mike

S.