[Gllug] (OT) Server spec for 100W power consumption

Anthony Newman anthony.newman at ossified.net
Thu May 17 09:47:20 UTC 2007

Garry Heaton wrote:
> Thought I might have to. So what would your bog standard 1U consist of to
> keep it under 100W?

The sort of thing I reckon you're up against might look like something
from here:

http://www.ipc2u.de/catalog/M/MO/

They probably give worst-case power consumption, but either way for
sub-100W stuff you're looking at one disk and a usable CPU, or two disks
and a crappy CPU.

What do you want to do with it? You might be better off buying an old
Cobalt RaQ on eBay, or recycling some old Pentium 2 kit ;)

Ant
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk