[Gllug] Choosing a new mobile phone

James Roberts jr at stabilys.com
Sun Nov 4 14:14:53 UTC 2007

Phil Reynolds wrote:
> I am about to choose a new mobile phone...

> There are two (with a possible third) I am thinking of. The Nokia N95 is
> possible...

I would avoid this phone.

I got one in Jan to replace my Sony P910i. It has been a disastrous choice.

The camera is superb. The GPS is perfectly usable - except it is
necessary to manually reset the backlighting and plug it into car power,
since the antenna is under the keyboard and the slide has to be open for
it to work.

However, the smartphone functions are a joke. The battery life is
appalling. The battery failed entirely after 4 months.

The sound quality is dreadful (the Sony is much better - and still on
its original battery after 3 years).

I dislike just about everything about the phone (except the camera) and
since the battery has failed I have reverted to the Sony and am trying
to get a refund.

So I'd give the N95 a miss. I want a Sony 1000/1k.

Oh - this is not about Nokia, I have been happy with other Nokias.

MeJ

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk