[Gllug] advertisement sent through glugg announce

Caroline Ford caroline.ford.work at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 3 09:43:57 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 10:35 +0100, Dean Wilson wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 10:26:14AM +0100, Caroline Ford wrote:
> > I presumed gllug announce was for announcing gllug meetings, and was
> > suitably low traffic. Otherwise it could be used to announce any old
> > stuff..
>
> It was supposed to be GLLUG and other technical events the admins feel
> are appropriate.
>
> It's also used to announce some of the other groups we have a lot of
> interaction with - like UKUUG (who charge for their events), Lonix and
> London PM.

"We" (gllug) are barely functional so I'm not sure how we can have a lot
of interaction with anybody..

I admit that I wouldn't have been anywhere near as pissed off if they'd
mentioned the high price in their email. Hiding it made it feel like
commercial marketing materials, hiding the price so we'd click the link.

Caroline

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk