[Gllug] advertisement sent through glugg announce

Dean Wilson dwilson at unixdaemon.net
Wed Oct 3 09:50:40 UTC 2007

On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 10:43:57AM +0100, Caroline Ford wrote:
> "We" (gllug) are barely functional so I'm not sure how we can have a lot
> of interaction with anybody..

Some are more functional than others ;)

Actually - Kudos to Dan for getting a GLLUG meet up and running.

> I admit that I wouldn't have been anywhere near as pissed off if they'd
> mentioned the high price in their email. Hiding it made it feel like
> commercial marketing materials, hiding the price so we'd click the link.

I agree, commercial items should be labelled as such (and a price should be
in the email). They should also be the exception on GLLUG announce rather
than the norm.

But then again I don't wear my admin hat much these days.

  Dean
--
Dean Wilson		http://www.unixdaemon.net
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk