[Gllug] Oyster cards vulnerable?

Ben Whyte ben at whyte-systems.co.uk
Sat Feb 2 22:23:39 UTC 2008

> With good technique you can approach with arm extended and grab the
> ticket as it emerges without really slowing down, albeit I think the
> new machines are slower. Doesn't help with the mag stripe not working,
> of course, which I used to reckon was a dead cert with a Travelcard on
> a sweaty day...

Or has happened to my season ticket been non functional on being
printed.  So I have to use the barrier everywhere and put up with the
muppets who insist on me trying the ticket barrier again.

I'm so looking forward to National Rail companies deciding that Oyster
is good, so that just because the end of my journey is slightly outside
zone 6 I can still use an Oyster rather than the fuss I have at the moment.

Ben
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk