[Gllug] Humax PVR and linux

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Fri Jan 25 20:16:40 UTC 2008

John Winters wrote:
[snip]
> Do you know whether it's possible to wake the Topfield up by means of
> the USB interface?  That is, if it's in standby mode because it
> currently has nothing to record, can it still be accessed and programmed
> by means of the USB interface, or do you have to manually wake it up
> before things can be done?

Since I asked this question I'll now answer it.  The Topfield can't be
woken up by way of the USB interface.  When it goes to standby it
disconnects from the USB host and so you can't do anything until it's
manually re-awoken.

This is a real pain from the PoV of trying to control it automatically.
  It would be a really major improvement to the box if this could be fixed.

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk