[Gllug] Vacancy: Linux Sysadmin, Desktop Sysadmin, MySQL DBA etc (LONDON)

John Edwards john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Mon Jul 7 10:22:09 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 10:54:19AM +0100, james wrote:
> hi,
>
> my name is James and I am a recruiter specifically working in the open
> source skills sector.
>
> I am working with clients (predominantly successful e-commerce) seeking,
> for example, Linux Sysadmins, "Desktop" (Linux/Windows) Sysadmins and
> MySQL DBA's for positions in London and surrounding counties.  The key
> for the majority of clients is finding a "true" technology enthusiast.
>
> Consequently I would be pleased to hear from anybody that might be keen
> to discuss roles that I am recruiting for right now.
>
> Please send e-mails to james at camalyn.org
>
> All the best,
> James
>
> P.S. I have posted in belief that I have followed the GLLUG commercial
> posting policy as shown at
> http://gllug.org.uk/index.php?/archives/4-Commercial-Posting-Policy.html

Have you actually read it?

It lists the following very clearly, none of which you have done:

* Type of skills required to fill the vacancy.

* Location details - don't just say 'London', it's a big place.

* Type of employer.

* Minimum salary.

* No postings from agencies. If you are a new agency that deals
  specifically with Linux jobs then you should post just the one
  'ADVERT: ' message, then those looking for jobs will know where
  to find you.

If you have positions you wish to fill, then please post them with
the above details. Or if they are on your web site then post the URL.
Unfortunately the above email does not tell me anything useful.

| A. Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion |
| Q. Why is top posting bad ?                             |