[Gllug] Vacancy: Linux Sysadmin, Desktop Sysadmin, MySQL DBA etc (LONDON)

Greg McCarroll greg at mccarroll.org.uk
Tue Jul 8 05:29:11 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 11:21:18AM +0100, james wrote:
> i hold my hands up regarding the fact that the subject line of my post
> was prefixed with VACANCY rather than ADVERT.
>
> whilst the policy does read "no postings from agencies" the next
> sentence reads somewhat differently.
>
> we do not strictly offer an agency service - but instead a consultancy -
> its different.  i.e. for example, we spend time with our clients

That reads as ...

     "I'm not a sales person, I'm a capital relieving/resource providing
      consultant."

I'm sorry, but I have huge patience for recruiters wanting to become more
closely involved with the open source communities in London for mutual
benefit, and I also don't fully agree with GLLUG's policies on
recruitment posts, but even from this tolerant point of view, can I
just say I have never read such a pile of bullshit in terms of
recruitment on an open source list.

It's exactly this sort of crap that leads open source lists to be so
wary of recruiters.

(Apologies to the list for just reiterating what Jason, Martin and Nix
 have already stated.)

G.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk