[Gllug] VACANCY: Production Support Engineer

Martyn Drake martyn at drake.org.uk
Mon Jun 2 08:43:48 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 9:00 AM, Paul Lee <paul at ma1.se> wrote:

> I concur. I think working on, and developing a good LinkedIn profile and
> a network, could be very good for job prospects (assuming you are
> looking for work).

I've not been looking for work, and yet people still continue to
contact me.  I've had Facebook, Autodesk and a number of different
companies approach me.  My current job was obtained from a LinkedIn
approach and I've not looked back since.

> Especially if you join some of the groups and become known as an expert
> in your field by engaging in some of the conversations.

There's some really good knowledge being passed about there.

> Its also very good for keeping in touch with past colleagues.

Indeed; so much better than Facebook.

> I've been contacted a few times regarding job opportunities, not that
> I'm available or looking for a job change.

I think recruiters are now definitely turning to LinkedIn as a good
resource for getting the right people for the right job,

> I suspect Facebook could be too, but I tend to find that annoying.

I gave up Facebook yonks ago.  Too annoying.

M.
--
Martyn Drake
http://www.drake.org.uk