[Gllug] VACANCY: Production Support Engineer

Paul Lee paul at ma1.se
Mon Jun 2 08:00:44 UTC 2008

Martyn Drake wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 12:29 PM, Iain Gray <iain.dv at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ok so little success this time round.
>>
>> Anyone have any other ideas for job posting to get the kind of skills I'm after?
>
> I've found LinkedIn to be a good source of potential candidates.
> Goodness knows how many times I've been contacted in the last six
> months with some interesting offers - directly by potential employers,
> not agencies.  Quite happy where I am, however.
>
>> Anyone have experience of agencies, etc?
>
> Yes.  Terrible.
>
> M.

I concur. I think working on, and developing a good LinkedIn profile and
a network, could be very good for job prospects (assuming you are
looking for work).

Especially if you join some of the groups and become known as an expert
in your field by engaging in some of the conversations.

Its also very good for keeping in touch with past colleagues.

I've been contacted a few times regarding job opportunities, not that
I'm available or looking for a job change.

I suspect Facebook could be too, but I tend to find that annoying.

Paul
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk