[Gllug] Review: Wireless Broadband

Justin Perreault justinperreault at dl-jp.com
Tue Jun 17 16:11:57 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 14:58 +0100, Paul Rayner wrote:
> On 17 Jun 2008, at 14:19, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> > Cannot get an SSH connection over GPRS with Orange - or is that
> > just me?
> > Anybody else managed it?

> The settings I use are:
>
> APN: orangeinternet
> username: user
> password: pass

I figured that the posted username and password are not the literal ones
used and then thought; What if they are?

This got me wondering about the difficulties people are having with
their connections.

I know that I, for one, would use a rather long password and if it is
encrypted at my end before sending would likely make it longer as far as
actual transmitted bytes are concerned.

Is it possible that password length would affect the ability to connect?

Are people effectively trying to connect and login in the same
communication attempt?

I haven't started doing remote logins yet so my ramblings might seem
silly.

Justin
--
If you are an adult, you can choose to act like a child. If you do not
accept being an adult, you are only a child. -JJJ

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk