[Gllug] SMS provider for smssend with use for Nagios

Ziya Suzen ziya at suzen.net
Thu Jun 5 11:10:37 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 10:47 AM, william pink <will.pink at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have just installed smssend which in the end will be used in conjunction
> with Nagios but looking through the scripts there all foreign or out of
> date, Has anyone got a up to date script to be used with a provider or a
> alternative method?

I have been using http://kapow.co.uk/ for about a year and ( Although
I must say I am not using it very heavly) it seems to be fine and
relatively cheap (~8p per message).

As for scripting it, it should be fairly simple to implement using
something like 'wget' (or your and HTTP library in your favourite
scripting language). See the example HTTP request here:
http://kapow.co.uk/account/HTTP.html

Hope it helps.

Cheers

-z