[Gllug] Anyone using Virgin Media?

Mick Farmer mick at dcs.bbk.ac.uk
Mon Mar 3 12:58:25 UTC 2008

Dear Justin,

I'm with Virgin and ordered their broadband package to
provide backup to my existing broadband with Plusnet.

When the package arrived I realised that the broadband
arrived on the cable and the (bulky) filter they provide has
to be fitted close to their termination box.  Given that my
computer is in a different room to my TV, I decided I didn't
want them to run a cable on my skirting boards from one room
to another, so I cancelled.

They didn't want the package back because they'd allocated
me a MAC address that was fixed.

Regards,

Mick               /"\
                   \ /
Linux Registered    X  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
User #287765       / \ Against HTML Mail
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk