[Gllug] Anyone using Virgin Media?

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Sun Mar 2 10:32:03 UTC 2008

On the subject of price and support,  I have bought stuff froms dabs.com in
the past and when the kit works all is generally fine.
However if you encounter a problem - beware, they appear to have no telephone
customer support whatsoever.  All communications are by email.  I bought a
drive from them and it arrived in good working order but no jumpers.  An email
elicited some jumpers in a bag after several days,  but they were the wrong
size.  I gave up and found a suitable jumper from a box of bits.

Not being able to speak to a human being to resolve problems is a real pain
in my view.   Likewise incompetent 'customer support agents'.

Whilst in an ideal world you never need to resolve problems, in the real world
you do and the ability of a provider to be able to give good competent support
if worth paying that little extra for.  It also helps avoid premature baldness!

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk