[Gllug] Do modern webpages kill older laptops/PCs?

Vidar Hokstad vidar at aardvarkmedia.co.uk
Thu May 29 08:35:08 UTC 2008

On 27 May 2008, at 18:26, Caroline Ford wrote:
> The people who complain don't understand that normal use of email is
> top posting. If you bottom post in a business setting it is clearly
> wrong.

Personally, if I get e-mails from people who keep top posting, I'm
less inclined
to take them seriously no matter how much I try not to make it affect my
judgement. Top posting to me is akin to not taking care about grammar,
using inappropriate language or writing text-speak.

I've only come across excessive top posting in large corporate
settings when/if
someone is bringing someone else into a long-running discussion, and
is too
lazy to summarize what's happened so far.

Generally, in those kind of cases it's aggravating to suddenly get a
long thread
forwarded, as it implies I have to hunt down the few little bits and
pieces that
are relevant to me, rather than the sender having the courtesy to
present just
the points they want me to be aware of.

I consider it rude - they are clearly showing me they don't value my
time.

In other words: Even in a business setting top posting _will_ negatively
affect how some people (like me) view you.

Vidar

--
Vidar Hokstad
Technical Director, Aardvark Media Limited