[Gllug] Office Alternatives

Wed May 21 12:10:05 UTC 2008

On Wed, 21 May 2008 12:14:46 +0100
"Stephen Nelson-Smith" <sanelson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Openoffice is crap - unstable, not feature complete - the users just
> hate it - it isn't fit for purpose either as a wordprocessor or a
> spreadsheet.

I'd suggest giving it a go again, personally.

As a direct replacement for MS Office, most of the people here have been delighted with it. We've started putting it on people's 'second' computers (laptops, work-bought home PCs) to avoid having to buy extra MS Office licenses.

I can't say I've noticed any deficiency of features, either (certainly not if MS Office is the alternative), though I've only really been using the spreadsheet component personally.

All the above is under Windows, but the few times I've had cause to use it on my home PC, it's been as good as I can reasonably expect, given the state of the PC itself.

--
Avi Greenbury
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk