[Gllug] Quad Core Desktop Motherboard

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Tue Nov 25 14:15:41 UTC 2008

Chris Bell wrote:
> On Mon 24 Nov, Ken Smith wrote:
>
>> What MB's do you guys have running? The usual sites seem devoid of solid
>> info
>>

>    Motherboard design changes are surprisingly frequent, and it is very
> difficult to keep an up-to-date list unless there is constant reporting.
>    Can we persuade manufacturers to help?

Indeed. I have been checking out chipsets, LAN/Audio/IDE/Sata chips to
see which has problems elsewhere. After all the MB is just a pile of
electric string joining the chips together. But the matrix of bits and
bobs that might show up on a MB gets quite big pretty quickly. Hence my
question as an alternative approach to finding out...

:-) Ken

believed to be clean.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk