[Gllug] Ubuntu and me - suggestions requested (polite ones please)

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Thu Nov 13 10:06:00 UTC 2008

> A question. I keep trying out Ubuntu because I can't believe that my
> experience is going to be as bad as the last time I tried it.
[snip]

I have to say that my experience of Ubuntu - although not extensive - is
much the same.  When I've tried to install it for a serious system I've
always run up against strange little niggles and components not working
well together.  I keep a live CD to hand because it's invaluable for quick
tests and recovering damaged systems, but for any proper installations I
would always use Debian.  It has had just *so* much more testing.

Cheers,
John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk