[Gllug] Ubuntu and me - suggestions requested (polite ones please)

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Thu Nov 13 07:20:07 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-11-13 at 00:39 +0000, James Roberts wrote:

> However every time I try Ubuntu it either:
>
> - does not install
> - installs and fails as soon as I change the configuration in any way
> - installs and works, but fails after a minor update and never works
> again (this happens every time I do a desktop install).
>
> Is it me? It *can't* be like this for everyone else can it? Impossible!

That's very peculiar!  I've installed Ubuntu on an enormous range of
desktop and laptop machines, and have never had the problems you
describe.  I've occasionally had issues with wireless connection  (which
are usually resolved with the replacement of NM with WICD), the
occasional sound or video driver issue (which are usually easily
resolved after a quick Google search) and few other problems.  I have
never failed to get it installed and working properly.

I have always found Ubuntu to be the easiest of distros to install and
configure, and MUCH easier than a comparable Windows install!

C.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk