[Gllug] Ubuntu and me - suggestions requested (polite ones please)

Jose Luis Martinez jjllmmss at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 13 23:16:30 UTC 2008

2008/11/13 James Roberts <jr at stabilys.com>:
> Alan Pope wrote:
>> 2008/11/13 James Roberts <jr at stabilys.com>:
>>> We have had it not-work in many interesting ways.
>>>
>> Do you have links to the bug reports?
>
> No. I wipe and install something that works. I cannot trust something
> that is so fragile IME.
>
> But I keep trying, after I hear people tell me 'it's great!'.

It is great. For desktops.

The reason for this is that people report bugs and they get fixed,
most likely because Ubuntu's initial push for adoption was amongst
desktop users.

Although I agree with you that it is much better to install something
that works, we all benefit by reporting bugs, specially on a distro
that has a great support team behind it.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk