[Gllug] Ubuntu and me - suggestions requested (polite ones please)

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Thu Nov 13 23:33:14 UTC 2008

2008/11/13 James Roberts <jr at stabilys.com>:
> I reiterate, with a scenario of two server-class low end new machines,
> Ubuntu 8.10 server failed to install and Debian Etch worked perfectly.
> So I hardly think it's an upstream issue, more a broken installer.

Given you've so fair failed to outline any specifics other than "It
doesn't work" it's very difficult to point the finger at anything.
However you're the person doing the install so I guess you know best.

> Which do you really think I am going to put into production? Hmm?

I personally base my decisions on more than just "will it install
quickly and easily with no faff". If that was the sole criteria I
don't think Linux/KDE/Mozilla/Whatever would ever have got to/past
version 1.0

Cheers,
Al.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk