[Gllug] Linux equivalent of OS X filesystem Directory

Anthony Newman anthony.newman at ossified.net
Wed Nov 19 12:13:56 UTC 2008

Dan Kolb wrote:
> I would, however, still be quite willing to use reiserfs if, for
> example, I were running a news server. Then I'd care more about
> getting data quickly, and wouldn't be too fussed about losing data, as
> I could always get it back.

Ha. I have a different experience with administering a News system,
which had a number (well, 16) of XFS file systems of a bit over 1TB each
which were completely turned over every 6-7 days, and it worked well and
reliably. You can of course always tell your customers to go to Giganews
and get back their data, but it's not good for customer satisfaction :)

The corollary of this is that there is no reason to use ReiserFS unless
you are certifiable, which he turned out to be as well.

Ant
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk