[Gllug] ADSL providers

Marcus Taylor marcus at fatbeehive.com
Wed Oct 29 10:23:54 UTC 2008

Peter Childs wrote:
 > 2008/10/28 Christopher Hunter <cehunter at gb-x.org>:
 >> On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 16:43 +0000, John Hearns wrote:

 > Does anyone have recommendations for reasonable Business Broadband,
 > possibly SDSL, ADSL2 or Fiber (We have been looking at BeThere)
 >
 > Peter.

I can recommend Be - we have it at work and home - pretty flawless,
ADSL2 seems solid. I get around 1.6M at work and 1.3M at home [flats :/]

They also support FastPath of you want more responsive ping times.

I would steer clear of their DNS servers [as with most ISP] sometimes slow.

I have never even suspected they thottle and certainly no limits - and
most of their tech support seems to know at least at much as me :)

Although having said that this week I have been unable to connect to a
torrent tracker - looking at the Be support thread it's being bounced
between them and a tier provider. Just goes to show you are not actually
ever dealing with _one_ company when it comes down to it - IMO the less
you have to deal with BT the better.

Cheers

|     Marcus Taylor     |                            Tel: 0207 7398704 |
+-----------------------+                 Email: marcus at fatbeehive.com |
| Systems Administrator |               Web: http://www.fatbeehive.com |
|    Fat Beehive Ltd    | 2nd Floor, 59 Rivington St, London, EC2a 3QQ |
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk