[Gllug] email readers

Andrew Black - lists andrew-lists at mail.black1.org.uk
Sat Sep 13 12:26:33 UTC 2008

Chris Bell wrote:
> Hello,
>    Can anyone who remembers using the ANT internet suite on Acorn computers
> suggest anything similar on Linux? I do not like the way that most mail
> systems divide the screen, leaving a relatively small section of screen
> lower right for part of a single email.

James has suggested some options for command line so here is a GUI
suggestion (I am not sure which you are looking for).

Are you looking for the ability to display multiple mail messages at a
time - Thunderbird lets you do this. Double click on a message and a new
window appears.  You can switch off the message display pane  within the
main window or you can change its size by dragging it.

I would have thought most mail readers would allow you to disable the
message pane, but I may be wrong.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk