[Gllug] Should I expect this?

Richard Huxton dev at archonet.com
Mon Apr 13 08:19:22 UTC 2009

Chris Bell wrote:
>    I could now connect to other boxes using just the box name, but I
> received a warning that the host key verification had failed. Connecting to
> another box using BoxName.NetName allowed me to connect normally without
> complaint aout any failure of key verification, no mention of Man In The
> Middle.

I'm guessing if your ~/.ssh/known_hosts file lists the server as
"mail.office.example.com" rather than "mail" then that's all you can
connect with. Testing my setup here, the reverse certainly seems true.

I can see the point - imagine moving between the London to the
Manchester office and connecting to "mail" - that can only apply to one
mailserver.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd