[Gllug] Camcorders

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Mon Dec 7 11:53:04 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-12-07 at 04:35 +0000, Lucian @ lastdot.org wrote:
> I want to buy a camcorder and I haven't owned one so far, I have no
> experience with such devices. I don't really need "HD" quality, but
> I'd like a cam that would work decently inside & outside and doesn't
> require any crapware installed on my PC.
> Could you do any "linux friendly" (my PC runs Centos only)
> recommendations that would fit a 200-300 quid budget?

Perhaps look for a straight forward Mini-DV camcorder with a firewire
(ieee 1394) port and a similar port on your PC (you can buy one for very
little).

I have such a setup, bought many years ago, and it's great. I simply
plug it into my PC, fire up kino and import/edit etc as I wish to.

It's very simple and it works well.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk