[Gllug] [OFFTOPIC] Re: Vista vs seven

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue Dec 8 08:43:06 UTC 2009

On Monday, 7 Dec 2009, co at chocabloc.net wrote:
>like my self to use it. I'll tell you one think that Windows does that
>Linux can't - it can be easily accessable to disabled people though
>the use of screen readers and speach recognition programmes.

One of my users in a previous job was completely blind. He, as it
happened, had written the Linux driver for his Braille keyboard; but
he, like me, would tell you - as should be obvious - that an operating
system designed to be driven completely with text is more accessible
than a GUI.

He never top-quoted either. It is beneath dignity.

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> Distortion Field!
Today is Oneiros, December.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk