[Gllug] [OFFTOPIC] Re: Vista vs seven

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 08:54:24 UTC 2009

2009/12/8 David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk>:
> On Monday, 7 Dec 2009, co at chocabloc.net wrote:
>>like my self to use it. I'll tell you one think that Windows does that
>>Linux can't - it can be easily accessable to disabled people though
>>the use of screen readers and speach recognition programmes.
>
> One of my users in a previous job was completely blind. He, as it
> happened, had written the Linux driver for his Braille keyboard; but
> he, like me, would tell you - as should be obvious - that an operating
> system designed to be driven completely with text is more accessible
> than a GUI.
>
> He never top-quoted either. It is beneath dignity.

I can't remember the last thread that was actually on-topic.....

I move for Gllug to be disbanded if we can't sort out the constant
bickering that Gllug has descended into for last couple of YEARS!

Its not just this thread but every single one.

If someone invites us to a Perl meet we argue if its on topic or not,
same with Linux Jobs same. If you try to discuss something that is on
topic and can't be argued against you get  met by cold hard silence.

Peter.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk