[Gllug] [OFFTOPIC] Re: Vista vs seven

Chris Bell chrisbell at 3966.ukfsn.org
Tue Dec 8 08:36:37 UTC 2009

On Tue 08 Dec, co at chocabloc.net wrote:

> I joined this group so that I could learn about Linux and help people
> like my self to use it. I'll tell you one think that Windows does that
> Linux can't - it can be easily accessable to disabled people though
> the use of screen readers and speach recognition programmes. I am
> interested in finding out more but this is not the place. This is a
> bitch list for people who think they are ubergeeks to pour scorn and
> hate on those that don't know enough or follow their party line.

   Sorry, but I did not have any clue about either of the packages you
named, and you gave no hint on your original email about what you were
trying to do. The obvious initial response is not to reply "Sorry, no idea",
otherwise you are very likely to receive hundreds of similar replies to wade
through, getting you absolutely nowhere. I know absolutely nothing about the
majority of the 23,000 packages available just in my usual distribution.
   Have you tried the Knoppix CD with a screen reader? I downloaded it from
the university of Kent http://www.mirrorservice.org. It does at least have a
screen reader. "KNOPPIX_V6.0.1-ADRIANE_V1.1CD-2009-02-08-EN.iso"

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk (was www.overview.demon.co.uk)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk