[Gllug] [OFFTOPIC] Re: Vista vs seven

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Tue Dec 8 00:16:34 UTC 2009

On 07/12/2009 23:46, co at chocabloc.net wrote:
> I actually find this group qute narky, cliquey and bitchy. I think you
> are only welcome in this group if you like wanking over binary, and
> monochrome binary at that.

It has to be fairly hardcore binary.

> I joined this group so that I could learn about Linux and help people
> like my self to use it. I'll tell you one think that Windows does that
> Linux can't - it can be easily accessable to disabled people though
> the use of screen readers and speach recognition programmes. I am
> interested in finding out more but this is not the place. This is a
> bitch list for people who think they are ubergeeks to pour scorn and
> hate on those that don't know enough or follow their party line.
>
> If I meet someone who wants to learn more I do my best to help them. I
> don't beat up on them. Or put barriers in their way. I think great -
> and do what I can to help and encourage them to learn
>
> And BTW bottom posting is horrible if you are like me and rely on a
> screen reader. I have to sit through the entire list of previous
> messages before I get to the answer. Gloss over every time it his>>
> it says 'greater greater'.

Ahh no, you're not going to get that one overlooked.

If Windows is "easily accessable to disabled people though the use of
screen readers and speach recognition programmes"  (your own words),
then how come you have to "Gloss over every time it his >>
it says 'greater greater'." (also your own words).

See also:
http://blog.dorward.me.uk/2009/11/23/screen-readers-and-top-posting-vs-mutt.html

> I've left so you may now slag me off.

Your choice.