[Gllug] VACANCY: Site Reliability Engineering

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Fri Feb 20 13:55:30 UTC 2009

On Thursday, 19 Feb 2009, Peter Corlett wrote:
>More seriously, a Tube driver can expect to see a one-under once every
>sixty years on average, giving about a 10% chance of encountering one
>in a typical Tube-driving career. And some drivers aren't really
>affected by it when it happens.

Well, yes; I suspect Tube drivers are disproportionately likely to be
people who at least won't worry in advance about having some clown's
blood spattered all over their windscreen. But that is a rare talent!

I'd rather be a sysadmin than a Tube driver for the same money.

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> Oil is for sissies
Today is Second Sunday, February - a weekend.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk