[Gllug] VACANCY: Site Reliability Engineering

John G Walker johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 20 15:16:44 UTC 2009

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 13:55:30 +0000 David Damerell
<damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

> Well, yes; I suspect Tube drivers are disproportionately likely to be
> people who at least won't worry in advance about having some clown's
> blood spattered all over their windscreen. But that is a rare talent!

I wouldn't bet on it. I once met someone who was employed as a
psychiatrist by LUL. A good proportion of her job was dealing with Tube
drivers who had run over people.

I think "disproportionately scarred" might be a better description,
certainly when compared to sysadmins (though whether sysadmins should
get free psychiatric counselling from their employers is another
matter),

--
 All the best,
 John