[Gllug] VACANCY: MySQL Database Architect (Reading, Berkshire, UK)

Ryan Cartwright r.cartwright at equitasit.co.uk
Thu Jan 29 17:39:34 UTC 2009

2009/1/29 jt at camalyn.org <jt at camalyn.org>:

>> oh dear
>>
>> * posting from an agency
>
> camalyn is not an agency but an open source recruitment consultancy - i
> have tried to make this clear in the past. the 2 are very different.

A fair point if one accepted there is a difference - not everybody
does. I am happy to be corrected but I thought that FAQ implied a
preference employers and not somebody operating on their behalf, aka
an agency, consultant etc.

>> * no business type
>
> i did mention a business type in my first sentence.

the point of these request is for you to make your post more
informative for us. "technology company" is not particularly
informative and could cover a wide range of things: hardware,
software, mobile, web, service provider could all be perceived as a
"technology company"

>> * no salary range
>
> this was also referred to in my post, albeit that people should contact
> me if they would like to discuss the role and that also included the
> salary.

if this

> In terms of the number of high transactional servers - which would be
the definite focus - we are looking at high 30s.

is the bit you mean, it wasn't immediately clear to me that you were
speaking of salary - sorry

>> * two previous strikes...

this is still valid. Your message bears a pretty close resemblance to
your previous ones - all of which were complained a bit. You could
have tried a little harder, if only to appease those who moaned a lot
last time :o)

>> some people never learn

including me it seems. "Always keep your mouth shut". :o)

--
Ryan Cartwright
Equitas IT Solutions
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk