[Gllug] It is not Microsoft

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 8 22:20:04 UTC 2009

On Thu 08 Jan, Bernard Peek wrote:

> >From the description that you have given it looks as if nobody is
> actually trading, so Trading Standards are not the right people to get
> involved.

   The Adult Learning and library services do charge for the courses that
they run, but they refuse to allow us to run a FOSS beginner course,
providing comparisons where possible.

> What you could do is to try to persuade them that it's in the council's
> best interest to let the penguins in.

   I have spoken to the Ealing contract IT person, and he just said no. I
have no way to discover how many IT staff there are, but there may be nobody
else. I have offered to help with the Learning Suite, the answer was again
no.
   My local councillors are well aware of our aims, but have agreed that the
council appears to be run purely for the benefit of the council staff.

Chris Bell NEW alternative address: chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
www.overview.demon.co.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk