[Gllug] Beagle Board

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Tue Jan 13 11:54:46 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 09:55:36AM +0000, Vidar wrote:

> In fact, there was even a preemptive multitasking BASIC extension
> available for the Commodore 64, though that was a bit of a hack since
> it could rely on the interpreter loop,

Then it wasn't pre-emptive, it was co-operative. The yielding from one
process to another was done in a black box, but if one process were to
hang, there would be nothing to move execution on to the next process.

--
Bruce

I object to intellect without discipline.  I object to power without
constructive purpose. -- Spock