[Gllug] VACANCY: MySQL Database Architect (Reading, Berkshire, UK)

jt at camalyn.org jt at camalyn.org
Thu Jan 29 19:30:05 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-29 at 18:22 +0000, Avi Greenbury wrote:

> But why can you not give an idea of the salary in your original email to
> the list?

>From experience if I were to suggest (for example) that a client was
willing to pay £50k-£60k I would not receive "any" interest from those
that were on base salaries of £30k-£40k or £60k-£70k.

Its always been far easier and better to provide as much information
about a job and for any interested people to then contact me and let me
know what there salary is and then if we move forward to the interview
let me advise the client what salary that particular person is earning.
This is often preferred by some clients too.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk