[Gllug] Grub on lvm

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Thu Jan 8 00:13:59 UTC 2009

On 6 Jan 2009, James Hawtin uttered the following:
> Out of interest Was your /var, /usr, /tmp or /home part of your /
> filesystem? I aways give them seperate partitions.

Likewise, only... why would you give /tmp a partition at all? tmpfs has
been de rigeur for such things forever, and is significantly faster as
well as saving disk space. (/var/tmp is different: that is supposed to
persist across reboots, unlike /tmp.)

--
`We must stand together and fight for our shared cultural heritage as a
 group of people who cannot stand together to fight for our shared
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk