[Gllug] Belkin KVM not working with usb mouse and keyboard ports

Shannon Carver shannon.carver at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 23:19:33 UTC 2009

Ah, once again my powers of comprehension are lacking a little tonight,
let's blame it on Weekend wine!

I hadn't understood you still required the PS/2 support, and assumed you
were happy to use USB only.  I've just done a quick google, and some of the
latter model seem to happily suport both USB and PS2 connections, indeed the
Belkin Omniview range (specifically the Pro3 seem to support this):
http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=379141

I can't comment on the solution above though, as I've not used them.

Getting back to the core of your issue, it's been a long while since I've
used USB -> PS2 or vice versa, but from what i can remember it should be a
physical (driverless) connection, as the first USB Logitech/Microsoft
keyboard/mice used to come with PS2 to USB converters, that would work
without drivers in boot and DOS. Though I'm afraid I can't shed any more
light on this and getting it to work with the newer PC.

Shannon Carver
Mobile: 078 4606 9419
Mob (Int): +44 78 4606 9419
Email: shannon.carver at gmail.com