[Gllug] Belkin KVM not working with usb mouse and keyboard ports

John G Walker johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jul 18 22:50:39 UTC 2009

On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 23:13:40 +0100 Shannon Carver
<shannon.carver at gmail.com> wrote:

> I might be reading this wrong, but how is your KVM connected to the
> PC if it doesn't have PS2 ports?

I tried attaching PS/2 to USB converters to the ends of the KVM's
cables. I can see that this wouldn't work without appropriate drivers,
but I thought it was worth a try.

> I would say the best course of action would be to get a newer USB
> model (which would probably have better support for newer/high res
> video cards/monitors as well).  The only reason I say that is I'd had
> some cheapies in the past and the worst thing was flickering and low
> resolution, though I've not had that issue in a long while.
>
> I've used several in the past, from cheaper model Belkin's and IOGear
> up to some higher model APC (Aussie company, maybe?) and ATens

Did any of these mix and match USB and PS/2 ports? It would eb nice if
you could be a little more specific.

> Hope this helps, at least a little.

When you're facing a problem on your own, any response can be of
psychological help.

So thanks,

--
 All the best,